Vastu Shastra Ideas for Main Entrance & Door is important because entrance gives your positive energy and vibes. Usually, one should avoid a cluttered entrance including shadow casts of trees and creeper plants. This is considered to be unauspicious.
Even entrance to intersecting roads leads to a clashing of ideas which is not considered good for oneself. Similarly, there are various points one should consider before entering a new house. Most of the contemporary house built are often Vastu compliant. Apart from having an aesthetically appealing door or entrance, it is important that it should be in a correct direction.
Vastu Shastra Ideas for Main Entrance & Door
There are numerous factors that should be considered while looking at the entrance of the house. We have jotted down the four most important points that matter the most for main door/entrance.
Ideal Main Door Made From & Looks
- It is not considered good if there are cracks in the door, crack on the hinges, or door makes noise while opening or closing.
- The main entrance should be neat and clean, avoid keeping dustbins in the main entrance.
- The main door should be larger than the other doors.
- All the damages and repairs should be promptly done.
- The main door should not be below the ground level.
- A wooden door is the best options. Whereas certain door can have a combination of metal and wood.
- Inauspicious images or pictures should not be put on the door.
Aura of The Main Door
- Ideally one should have two doors one for entrance and another one for exit.
- The main door should open inside and clockwise.
- The main door should be a little higher than the ground level.
- The number of steps to reach the door should be an odd number.
- The main door should be well lit and visible.
- It is always better to avoid circular doors for main entrance. Likewise also avoid sliding door which is not good as per vastu.
- Avoid the main door in the corner of the house.
- Avoid building a wall directly in front of the main door.
- Self Closing door should also be avoided.
Direction of the Main Door
The main door should always be in the north, north-east, east, or west, as they are considered auspicious.
If at all you are having a door in other direction than one can always use corrective measures to ensure that some kind of metal is added based on the direction of the door and location of the door.
As already said above the door should be open in a clockwise manner. Also, do not keep too many doors in the entrance especially the number three. This effects the happiness of the house.
Rajesh Sharma, ” I have avoided so many houses mainly because of the entrance, this is the most important thing while buying a house, evidently, other things can be managed”
There are many who give the highest importance to the main entrance and even many professional suggest that you should do the same thing.
“[O]ne enters the house, through the main entrance door and this is the entry point of energy, ‘positive or negative’.” – Architectureideas.
Decoration Around the Main Door
“The area surrounding the main door should have adequate light. Never place a mirror opposite to the main entrance, which reflects the main door, as it will cause the energy to bounce back,” says Rohira.
There is also a size combination that many give the highest importance to. The width of the door should be half the height. For example, if the height of the door is 10ft then the width should ideally be 5ft.
Use very good quality of wood for the main entrance. Use some material which is sturdy and it should not make any noise while opening and closing. Make sure that entrance is well lit with light and make some beautiful nameplate for your house, this attracts wealth, happiness and prosperity.
Things to Avoid in Main Entrance
The first thing that comes to the notice of a house is its entrance. Things you should definitely avoid are listed below:
- Keeping Dusbin in the Entrance
- Growing unauspicious plants.
- Keeping Garbage in Front of the Door.
- Delaying the Repair Work and maintenance.
- Do not place inauspicious poster in the main door.
- Avoid Arched Door
- Avoid Shadows falling on the main door.
- The entrance of the door should not face any temple or religious place.
Go look at your web copy right now. Also, you might be Interested in Are You Ready To Buy a New Home? Take this Quiz and find out.
Take out every word that doesn’t contribute something new.
Come back here and tell us about the before-and-after. I bet you’ll have something to say!
Also, if you are still finding it difficult to manage to get in touch with us and we will connect you to best of Vastu Professionals.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you!
Let us know if you have found something which was not working in your favour and what are the changes you made.
Let us know in the comments.